There may be times when the users might get frightened when the QuickBooks company file is taking more time to load than actual. Are you perplexed why it happened? Generally, the users might confront such issues when the file size of your company file increases with the increase in data. Therefore, to avoid your company file from data damage or improve the performance of your file, one must use QuickBooks Condense Data Utility. This tool shrinks the file size without affecting your original data and provides the data in a summarized form. However, if you don’t have any clue how to operate this tool, then don’t worry anymore. This post contains all the stepwise instructions using which you can quickly reduce the file size and continue your work flawlessly.
Wondering how to operate QuickBooks Condense Data Utility to reduce the file size of your company file? If that’s so, then we recommend you must have a word with our experts to get simple step-by-step instructions.
Things you must be aware of before using QuickBooks Condense Data Utility
While the QuickBooks enterprise compressed data application is helpful, it does result in a permanent change to your company file. As a consequence, you must understand the following points: –
After using QuickBooks Condense Data Utility, users may find it difficult to return to the original company file. We do not recommend using this application if you are currently using the QBDT and do not want to condense your file. Instead, many businesses use this feature when the company file size grows and causes problems while running.
- It’s feasible that the size of your file will remain unchanged:
To reduce the size of the corporate file, it is common practice to use the QuickBooks desktop compress data tool. In some cases, the file size may remain constant. However, to reduce your file size, the application typically removes transaction data and lists items. Furthermore, if your data is full of inventory items or open transactions, there will be no significant impact.
How to Use QuickBooks Condense Data Utility in QuickBooks 2019?
Condense Data Utility’s new feature allows you to remove the audit trail, reducing file size while retaining all detailed transactions. The best part is that it is much faster than using the standard Condense file. In addition, to reduce the file size in the QuickBooks 2019 edition, follow the steps outlined below.
- To begin, go to the File menu, select Utilities, and then select Condense Data from the drop-down menu.
- After that, tick mark the check box next to the “Keep all transactions, but delete audit trail information.
- The size of your file will be reduced by up to 40% (“8 MB).”
- Soon after, press the Next button, and a notification indicating “Working on your file now” appears on your screen.
- Following that, a final window appears informing you of your firm’s file’s total size reduction. It will also display the location of your backup file, which was created before the compression of your file.
Wrapping It Up!!
This post consists of all of the information you need to use the QuickBooks Condense data utility. However, if you are still struggling while reducing the company’s file size, contact our experts. You can communicate with our experts anytime.