We DEVBHOOMI FARMS AND COTTAGES one of the best resorts in himachal pradesh have got you all covered as we are situated between the lush green hills of Dharamshala. We provide the boutique resort in Dharamshala with a wide view of the magnificient Kangra Valley and ranges of Dhauladar, it is one of top 10 resorts in Dharamshala.
Dharamshala Travel Guide
Dharamshala, generally means “rest house for travellers” and has lots of secrets and spiritual awakening centres. ‘Dharam’ – means moral law and ‘shala’ means shelter which throws light on our highly followed saying in India ‘ATITHI DEVO BHAVA’. We, here at DEVBHOOMI FARM AND COTTAGE are keeping up with what Dharamshala means by providing a full-fledged “relax and stay” at our nature driven river side best resort in Dharamshala.
Top things to see and do in Dharamshala
- Tsuglagkhang Complex Dalai Lama Temple – The most Auspicious monastery of Tibetans at Dharamshala is Tsuglag Khang temple often known as Dalai lama complex. This monastery has a beautiful statue of Lord Buddha, Padmasambhava and Avalokiteshvara. It has a detailed museum showing the cause of inflow of Tibetans in India. Kalachakra Temple is also located next to this monastery depicting Tibetan studies and culture and a centre for public teachings by Dalai Lama. It has a residential complex for their followers and students. Visiting this monastery can give us an insight of Tibetan culture and chance to experience their rituals. This is one of the most important tourist places and best thing to do in Dharamshala.
- John in the Wilderness – Dharamshala, along with Tibetan culture brings out oldest protestant church St. John in the Wilderness. This church is dedicated to Saint John the Baptist. The architecture of the church is unique in itself having Belgian stained windows donated by lady Elgin, wife of lord Elgin. This church is pleasant and haunting at the same time due to the tall deodar trees and graves laid down at either side of the pathway directing towards the church. This is one of the popular places to visit in Dharamshala.
- Namgyal Monastery – Namgyal Monastery other name for Dalai Lama’s Home is a place for young students and monks for practicing and studying about the tradition and culture of Buddhism. This monastery houses a Tantrik college for practicing further rituals. It has approximately 200 young monks representing all the 4 Tibetan monastic lineages having free accommodation throughout their stay at the monastery. Tourists get to experience the most authentic Buddhism practices here.
- Himachal Pradesh Cricket Association Stadium, Dharamshala – It’s not unknown for us that Cricket is not just a sport but an EMOTION for Indians. Dharamshala, is not just a hub of traditions but also drives its force towards different sports. This is one of the popular places to visit in Dharamshala as it has a beautiful Cricket Stadium having a Tibetan outlook well known for Ranji Trophy match, IPL and other domestic matches.
- Gyuto Tantric Monastery Temple – The name of the monastery justifies what exactly it deploys – that is Tantric rituals and Tantric knowledge. It is the abode of Karmapa – the head of kagyu Tibetan Buddhism. ‘Karmapa’ means the one who embodies all the Buddhist activities. It has 3D mandala art as well (Mandala is a place visualized during meditation). You cannot miss to witness this astounding art carved out of a tree trunk which is flawless and much needed for your Instagram post. Also, the best thing to do in Dharamshala.
- Kangra Fort – As previously said, various religious existence can be seen in and around Dharamshala, the Kangra fort has multiple doors some of which are Ranjit Singh Gate, Jahangiri Darwaza, Ahni and Amiri Darwazas. This fort has three temples namely Ambika Devi temple, Shitlamata Temple and Lakshmi Narayan Temple. Then there is a temple dedicated to Jain Tirthankara Lord Adinath. There is a captivating staircase leading to Sheesh Mahal which is a small hall like compartment. One major reason to visit Kangra fort is to experience the religious and historic mixture together. Tourist places for witnessing the never – ending revelations of our history.
- Kangra Art Museum – Dharamshala is rich in art and culture as well, the reason being Kangra Art Museum – The hotspot of various aesthetic art exhibits being displayed here. Not just art, it also has paintings, sculptures, pottery, jewellery and other historic elements belonging to the 5th The style of clothing, hand-woven old-style dresses, Shamians, manuscripts, coins, and carvings show us about the ancient culture and their development. A perfect destination for your social media story and impactful memories is Kangra Art Museum.
- McLeod Ganj – A home to famous spiritual Tibetan leader- Dalai Lama is famous for its mesmerising landscape, home in nature, way of living of localities, study culture, and the tradition of Tibetan, Himachali and the ancient British. This is one of the popular places to visit in Dharamshala and a must visit tourist place as we get to experience ‘The Dalai Lama’s’ life.
- Library of Tibetan Works and Archives – In the need to preserve the Rich Tibetan culture, this Library is established which possesses more than 80,000 manuscripts, books, documents, over 600 thangkas, statues and other artefacts of Buddhist heritage and more than 10,000 photographs. Along with all the places adding to our knowledge relating to Tibetan culture, this library is a bonus and gives deeper knowledge about the same. It is the best thing to do in Dharamshala as not only your Instagram story, but this place will surely create an impact in your life’s story.
- Triund Hill, Dharamshala – Trek freaks…where are y’all at? Triund Hill is the most popular for unimaginable views and nature’s real touch through a challenging trek with refreshing Chai Tapris all around. This trek has people from almost all the age groups with the same excitement and energy as it is the best thing to do in Dharamshala. Visiting Dharamshala and not experiencing Triund Hill trek is like missing out on the real essence. Picture-perfect as well as soul satisfaction is the result of this popular trek.
- Jwala Devi Temple – The story behind this temple is that all Hindu Gods directed by Lord Shiva ignited their enery to destroy the evil spirits living on the mountains. This energy led to a holy fire which runs day and night without any external fuel. This fire gave birth to a goddess – Jwala Ji.The flame represents the nine forms of Goddess Durga – Mahakali, Annapurna, Chandi, Hinglaj, Vindhya Vasini, Mahalakshmi, Saraswati, Ambika and Anji Devi. Usually, an offering of Rabri is served to the Goddess. This temple is famous for five maha aartis and a unique concept of not having an idol. This temple is well known for its miracles and one of the popular places to visit in Dharamshala. Though we’ve listed down various places to be visited in Dharamshala, the list is endless.
Activities to do in Dharamshala
- PARAGLIDING – Dharamshala surrounded by beautiful hills has no shortage of paragliding activities. However, Indrunag and Bir Billing are the most famous spots for paragliding due to the lushy green tall trees, cool environment, light blue sky, birds chirping and given an ‘Air touching the Soul’ experience.
- CAMPING – A hilly terrain is the best for camping so is Dharamshala. Camping can be done at various places here but the place which is less populated and more peaceful is the region after Mcleod Ganj. Have a thrilling and enlightening experience by camping here.
- FOOD – Dharamshala is a place for foodies too as it is famous for Bhagsu Cake, Carrot Cake, Tibetan Herbal Tea, Tibetan Butter Tea, Steamed Mutton or vegetarian momos, Thupka & Thentuk, Pizza, Tibetan Bread, Fried Momos, Shakshuka, Tibetan Noodles, Bok Choy Soup, Kimbap and so much more. Isn’t it quite obvious that it is the and best thing to do in Dharamshala.
- SIGHT SEEING – Along with all the places mentioned above, you can visit other places too such as Dal Lake, Kareri Lake, kangra valley, galu temple, Bhagsu waterfall, tea gardens, Aghanjar Mahadev Temple, war memorial, Sherbling Monastery and Mani Lhakhang Stupa. While we tried to cover everything about Dharamshala, let’s guide you towards your stay at the best resort in Dharamshla.
We DEVBHOOMI FARMS AND COTTAGES one of the top resorts in himachal have got you all covered as we are situated between the lush green hills of Dharamshala. We provide the boutique resort in Dharamshala with a wide view of the magnificient Kangra Valley and ranges of Dhauladar, it is one of top 10 resorts in Dharamshala.
- Free public parking nearby
- Wi-fi in public area
- Yoga classes
- Bar / lounge
- Children’s playground
Take a moment either as your solitude or join us with your family & friends and have a memorable, calming as well as breath taking experience with best luxury resort in Dharamshala DEVBHOOMI FARMS AND COTTAGES at most affordable prices and quality living.