Bicycle Trip Industry Overview
The global bicycle trip market size was valued at USD 1,022.6 million in 2021 and is anticipated to expand at a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 13.2% from 2022 to 2030.
The tourism and adventure sector has risen significantly in recent years and is anticipated to grow further. Cycling tourism is a subset of adventure tourism that entails exploring places, traveling to remote locations, and experiencing the pleasure of bicycle riding throughout the trip. Bicycles are the only other mode of transportation except for walking in some tourist places. The cycle rides in such tourist spots start from a base and such trips are mostly conducted in groups. Advertising through social media, influencer marketing, and video vlogging are some of the tools utilized for promoting bicycle trips and creating a trend for riding cycles.
Gather more insights about the market drivers, restrains and growth of the Global Bicycle Trip Market
Different types of bicycle tourism include:
- Cycling travels/touring: multi-day bicycle trips, overnight bike trips, adventure long-distance paths, such as the katy trail
- Races or organized events which include cyclocross competitions, tours such as RAGERAI or Cycle Oregon, and the Tour de France
- Rides focus on a specific location or special attraction, also known as destination rides. Examples include slick rock mountain riding in Utah, wine country tours in California, and fat biking in Minnesota
- Day rides and urban cycling: Day trips to local/urban sites. Some examples are city tours, urban brewery tours, and "Slow Roll" rides
Cycling intensity ranges from easy pedaling to hard-core cycling in terrains such as mountains. Cycling provides extraordinary and demanding moments for adventure seekers. Bicycle trips especially group trips provide an opportunity to meet with new people, interact with locals, and experience local culture. Cycling tourism is regarded as a mild adventure in which the rider is expected to have a basic level of fitness and stamina to keep up with the groups. Innovations in the sector include the development of durable cycles that do not require frequent maintenance and can cover longer distances with less peddling.
Browse through Grand View Research's Automotive & Transportation Industry Research Reports.
- Cargo Bicycles Market – The global cargo bicycles market size was valued at USD 1,838.3 million in 2021 and is expected to expand at a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 22.3% from 2022 to 2030. Increased demand for fleets for freight delivery, coupled with the need for environmentally safe transport alternatives, has propelled the demand for cargo bikes in urban areas.
- Folding Bicycle Market – The global folding bicycle market size was valued at USD 514.5 million in 2018 and is expected to register a CAGR of 8.8% over the forecast period. Growing popularity of foldable bicycles owing to advantages including intermodality and retrenching of space is expected to remain a favorable factor for the industry growth.
Bicycle Trip Market Segmentation
Grand View Research has segmented the global bicycle trip market based on type, tour type, age group, and region:
Bicycle Trip Type Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2017 – 2030)
Bicycle Trip Tour Type Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2017 – 2030)
- Single Day
- Multi Day
Bicycle Trip Age Group Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2017 – 2030)
- 18-30 Years
- 31-50 Years
- Above 50 Years
Bicycle Trip Regional Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2017 – 2030)
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of World
Key Companies profiled:
Some prominent players in the global bicycle trip market include
- Spice Roads
- Life Time Fitness, Inc. (Unbound Gravel)
- Epic Road Rides
- Explore!Worldwide Limited
- Exodus Travels Limited
- G Adventures
- Bicycle Adventures
- DuVine Adventures
Order a free sample PDF of the Bicycle Trip Market Intelligence Study, published by Grand View Research.
About Grand View Research
Grand View Research, U.S.-based market research and consulting company, provides syndicated as well as customized research reports and consulting services. Registered in California and headquartered in San Francisco, the company comprises over 425 analysts and consultants, adding more than 1200 market research reports to its vast database each year. These reports offer in-depth analysis on 46 industries across 25 major countries worldwide. With the help of an interactive market intelligence platform, Grand View Research Helps Fortune 500 companies and renowned academic institutes understand the global and regional business environment and gauge the opportunities that lie ahead.
Corporate Sales Specialist, USA
Grand View Research, Inc.
Toll Free: 1-888-202-9519