Market Research Future Insights
According to MRFR analysis, the size of the Chip antenna market is set to grow at a CAGR of 12.30% to hit USD 6.9 billion by 2030.
The global chip antenna market is expected to witness substantial growth in the coming years, driven by the increasing demand for high-performance, miniaturized antennas in various applications such as smartphones, wearables, and IoT devices.
The report offers valuable insights into the market trends, growth drivers, challenges, and opportunities for the key players operating in the chip antenna market. It also provides a detailed analysis of the competitive landscape, key market players, and their strategies to gain a competitive edge in the market.
In August 2020, AVX Corporation, a company known for its superlative service as a manufacturer and supplier of advanced control, electronic sensor, components and interconnect, and antenna solutions, announced the launch of high-CV resin-molded, surface-mount tantalum chip capacitors that comes with a miniature and low-profile facedown design. This new chip is expected to gain significant traction from automotive electronics applications. The new F98-AJ6 Series capacitors are in the market in miniature 0603 and 0805 chip sizes with heights of 1.0mm and 0.80±0.10mm, respectively. These feature facedown under-tab terminations that have been implemented to achieve high volumetric efficiency, high capacitance, and high PCB assembly densities and make sure they help conserve board space and curb costs.
FRACTUS ANTENNAS DUO mXTEND antenna booster has been developed on the basis of the firm’s Virtual Antenna technology, which ensures the replacement of conventional and custom antenna solutions and integration of a new class of antenna boosters that encompasses miniature and off-the-shelf chip antenna components among others. These multiband, multipurpose chip antennas are perfect for a variety of wireless platforms to inspire faster, simpler, and less expensive designs against various custom solutions. This technology involving features like miniaturizing of the product makes it suitable for small and portable tracking devices and ensures the curtailing of custom antenna development.
The global market for chip antenna may find traction from industries like consumer electronics and healthcare as end users are trying to adapt to changes initiated by the COVID-19 pandemic.
Free Sample Copy – Obtain a free copy of our sample report to get a taste of our research expertise.
Some of the key players operating in the global chip antenna market are Taoglas Limited, Johanson Technology, Molex, Fractus Antennas, Yageo Corporation, Vishay Intertechnology, Antenova, Pulse Electronics Corporation, Abracon, and Laird Connectivity.
In the ever-evolving landscape of wireless communication, chip antennas have emerged as a critical component in numerous applications across various industries. As technology continues to advance at a rapid pace, the demand for smaller, more efficient, and reliable antennas is escalating. The chip antenna market is witnessing significant growth, providing a wide range of opportunities for manufacturers and stakeholders. In this blog post, we will delve into the latest trends, market dynamics, and future prospects of chip antennas.
Trends Driving the Chip Antenna Market:
- Miniaturization: The incessant demand for smaller, lightweight, and compact electronic devices, such as smartphones, wearables, and IoT devices, has driven the need for miniaturized components. Chip antennas, with their small form factor and space-saving design, perfectly align with this trend, enabling seamless integration into modern devices.
- Increasing IoT Adoption: The Internet of Things (IoT) has revolutionized the way we interact with technology. IoT devices rely on efficient wireless connectivity, making chip antennas an essential element in their functioning. With the rapid growth of IoT applications across industries like healthcare, automotive, and smart homes, the demand for chip antennas is poised to soar.
- Advancements in Wireless Technologies: The proliferation of advanced wireless technologies, such as 5G, Wi-Fi 6, and Bluetooth 5.0, necessitates antennas capable of supporting these high-speed, high-bandwidth networks. Chip antennas are well-suited to cater to the requirements of these cutting-edge wireless protocols, ensuring seamless connectivity and enhanced performance.
Market Dynamics: The chip antenna market is witnessing robust growth due to several factors:
- Increasing Smartphone Penetration: With the ever-increasing number of smartphone users worldwide, the demand for smartphones with reliable wireless connectivity is surging. Chip antennas offer a compact solution with excellent performance, making them an integral part of modern smartphones.
- Automotive Applications: The automotive industry is experiencing a paradigm shift with the integration of advanced technologies like connected cars and autonomous driving. Chip antennas play a crucial role in ensuring stable wireless communication within vehicles, enabling features such as GPS, remote keyless entry, and vehicle-to-vehicle (V2V) communication.
- Healthcare and Wearable Devices: The healthcare sector has embraced wearables for various applications, including remote patient monitoring and fitness tracking. Chip antennas provide reliable wireless connectivity in medical wearables, allowing seamless data transfer between devices and healthcare providers.
Future Prospects: The future of the chip antenna market appears promising, with several growth opportunities on the horizon:
- 6G and Beyond: As the world prepares for the advent of 6G and beyond, chip antennas will play a crucial role in supporting the next generation of wireless networks. These antennas will need to operate across multiple frequency bands, offer high gain and efficiency, and cater to diverse applications.
- Smart Cities and Infrastructure: The ongoing development of smart cities and infrastructure demands robust wireless connectivity. Chip antennas, with their ability to provide reliable communication in a compact form factor, will be instrumental in supporting various smart city applications, including smart lighting, traffic management, and public safety systems.
- Industrial IoT: The Industrial Internet of Things (IIoT) is revolutionizing industries such as manufacturing, logistics, and energy. Chip antennas will play a vital role in enabling seamless wireless connectivity within industrial environments, facilitating real-time monitoring, automation, and predictive maintenance.
The chip antenna market is poised for significant growth in the coming years, driven by factors such as miniaturization, increasing IoT adoption, and advancements in wireless technologies. These antennas will continue to be an essential component in various applications, including smartphones, automotive systems, healthcare devices, and emerging technologies like 6G and smart cities. As the demand for smaller, efficient, and reliable wireless connectivity solutions increases, chip antennas will remain at the forefront of innovation, shaping the future of wireless communication.