Decorated Apparel Industry Overview
The global decorated apparel market size is expected to reach USD 68.17 billion by 2030, registering a CAGR of 12.8% during the forecast period 2022-2030, according to a new report by Grand View Research, Inc. Increasing popularity of screen printing and digital printing works on apparel is driving the growth of the market. With the growing trend of customized t-shirts and tops, the demand for apparel printing has been increasing over the years, thereby leading to market growth. Moreover, product and technological innovations, especially in the women's wear segment, will drive market growth. The emerging trend of patchwork and retro logo designs is also expected to boost the product demand, during the forecast period.
Decorated Apparel Market Segmentation
Grand View Research has segmented the global decorated apparel market based on the product, end users, and region:
Based on the Product Insights, the market is segmented into embroidery, screen printing, dye sublimation, digital printing and others
- Embroidery segment led the market and accounted for a 41.04% share of the global revenue in 2021. Growing prominence of embroidery being done over a multitude of silhouettes, without gender distinction is creating significant growth opportunities for embroidery-based decorated apparel.
- Usage of threads varying in width, color, and finishes and adding trims from small beads to big patches proposes diversified functionality which is also attracting consumers. Embroidery decorated apparel is gaining traction in the market as it offers high quality, value addition, and a finish to the clothing.
- Screen printing segment is anticipated to expand at the fastest CAGR of 14.4% from 2022 to 2030. The screen-printing technique is a trending printing method owing to the resultant crisp and durable prints that withstand long washes.
- The change from manual to automatic screen-printing presses has accelerated the rise of screen-printing technology. Screen printing is one of the most common printing processes worldwide. Companies like Oregon Screen Impressions and Deluxe Screen Printing are some of the famous companies for screen printing.
Based on the End Users Channel Insights, the market is segmented into men, women and children
- The women segment made the largest contribution to the global market by above 65.46% in 2021. Availability and demand for the different products, such as t-shirts, tops, kurtas, and gowns drive the growth of this segment. Moreover, product innovations in the women wear category, due to the changing consumer demands, are driving demand for the products such as graphic t-shirts, which have gained popularity as semi-formal as well as casual attire.
- Rising instances of social gatherings among the younger population and the influence of social media have provided the masses with access to information on different types of clothing for various occasions, depending on the season, functionality, and fashion trends. This scenario is likely to drive the demand for decorated apparel for women such as printed t-shirts for everyday use, embroidered shorts and dresses for vacations, and dye sublimation for formal wear.
- The men segment is projected to register a CAGR of 14.0% from 2022 to 2030. Rising product availability with a range of unique designs, color combinations, prints, and other decorations in graphic tees, coats, and designer blazers for men drive the scope of the decorated apparel market. Rising applications of printing and embroidery on apparel logos for sportswear such as a youth baseball team, school spirit wear, or walk/run fundraisers drive the demand for decorated apparel among men.
- Moreover, visibility of embroidery decoration on men’s jackets, shirts, t-shirts, and trousers encourages apparel manufacturers to add these features to the apparel they offer. Furthermore, the increased preference among men for shirts monogrammed with the brand logo or with their own initials, in order to add distinction, has resulted in higher penetration of decorated apparel for men.
Decorated Apparel Regional Outlook
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Central & South America
- Middle East & Africa (MEA)
Key Companies Profile & Market Share Insights
The market includes both international and domestic participants. Key market players are focused on strategies such as innovation and new product launches in retail about decorated apparel products to enhance their portfolio offering in the market.
Some prominent players in the global decorated apparel market include:
- Fruit of Loom, Inc.
- Downtown Custom Print wear
- Hanes brands Inc.
- Master Print wear
- Delta Apparel
- Target Decorated Apparel
- Advance Print wear Limited
- New England Print wear
Market Industry Development
- April 2021: Delta Apparel announced a technology partnership with Autoscale.ai to integrate its product design, marketplace listings, and advertising management functions for better online retail processes.
- February 2021: Hanes entered into a licensing agreement with Belle International to introduce Champion footwear and accessories in China. As per the agreement, Belle International will distribute the new collection designed for consumers in China.
Order a free sample PDF of the Decorated Apparel Market Intelligence Study, published by Grand View Research.
About Grand View Research
Grand View Research, U.S.-based market research and consulting company, provides syndicated as well as customized research reports and consulting services. Registered in California and headquartered in San Francisco, the company comprises over 425 analysts and consultants, adding more than 1200 market research reports to its vast database each year. These reports offer in-depth analysis on 46 industries across 25 major countries worldwide. With the help of an interactive market intelligence platform, Grand View Research Helps Fortune 500 companies and renowned academic institutes understand the global and regional business environment and gauge the opportunities that lie ahead.
Corporate Sales Specialist, USA
Grand View Research, Inc.
Toll Free: 1-888-202-9519