If you have a printer, you can simply complete a variety of vital activities for personal usage from the comfort of your own home. A Canon printer is one of many printers that have excellent printing capabilities. Many people are affected by this problem. How To Connect Laptop To Canon Printer Users can choose from a variety of Canon printers based on their preferences. Numerous devices, including phones and laptop computers, can use a Canon printer’s printing capabilities. But, before you can use these functions, your Canon printer must be connected to your chosen device.
How Do I Connect My Laptop To My Canon Printer?
Have you just bought a Canon printer? You want to use your laptop to accomplish the various printing jobs, correct? The next step is to figure out How To Attach A Canon Printer To Laptop, which is a rather simple and uncomplicated process. However, only a small percentage of customers are aware of the method for connecting, so if you don’t know How To Connect A Canon Printer To Laptop, you can follow the step-by-step instructions provided in this post.
Connecting a Laptop to a Canon Printer
- Turn off your Canon printer before connecting one end of the USB cable to the printer’s connection panel.
- Place the other end of the USB cable there, depending on where your laptop’s USB ports are positioned.
- Launch a browser and navigate to the official Canon printer website. Download the printer driver for the operating system to which you want to connect your printer.
- The Control Panel can then be accessed by selecting it from the Start menu in the lower left corner of the screen.
- Choose the Devices and Printers option from the Hardware and Sound menu.
- Choose the Local Printer option when adding a printer.
- Choose a printer port from the list of available ports for your connection.
- To select your printer model, select the Canon printer from the list of alternatives. Choose Next.
- After you’ve decided whether or not to share your printer with other devices, click Next.
- After deciding whether or not to keep the Canon printer as the default printer, pick the Finish tab to finish the process.
How to Install a Printer Driver for a Canon Printer on a Laptop
To connect a laptop and a Canon printer, a printer driver is now required. It will make communication between your controlling device and printer much easier. If your Canon printer finds the printer automatically while printing, you’re fine to go. If not, you’ll need to download and install the printer driver. Follow the instructions below to connect a laptop to a Canon printer.
- Then, visit the Canon website.
- Next, look for the printer that you’re using.
- then type the model number of your Canon printer into the box.
- Click on your model when it appears.
- You’ll be directed to the Canon page for the discovered model.
- The next option is to select the Software & Drivers button.
- If you’re installing the printer for the first time, get the most recent operating system.
- Download an appropriate driver if communication between your printer and PC is failing.
- Choose the Download button to the right of the file you wish to download.
- When the download is complete, double-click the file form.
- To finish the installation, follow the instructions presented on-screen.
Follow the steps above if you want to get a driver for a Canon printer. There are no drivers available for specific CanoScan, PIXMA TS, or TR models if you use a Mac device. This is due to the fact that these printer models employ AirPrint for printing and scanning. We’ll look at the USB connection technique instructions right now.
References: Connect Laptop To Canon Printer