Today’s digital era is a ferry full of voice chats and video calls. Take the marketplace or healthcare or workspace domains, everything is going virtual. And, as a result, multitudes of group messaging apps are crowded in front of the common people as post-pandemic-darling.
Thanks to the technological advancements that made it easy to build video chat apps with top-notch features, military-grade security, and multi-platform compatibility.
Steps to Create a Video Calling App
The success of top video chat applications in the world, as mentioned above, has been a hit because they have captured the intricacies & secrets correctly. Let’s dive deep into key factors to develop a video chat app for Android, IOS and Web.
1. UI/UX Design – Building a video chat app and website must include an intuitive UX & UI. Paying attention to the coherence of a user’s app journey even for a single click is necessary. Design-wise, your video streaming app for mobile must be minimal & contextual. It elevates user experience multifold.
2. Back End Development – You can build the back end from scratch which gives you more flexibility & upper hand or you can use SaaP (Software as a product).
3. Video Streaming Protocol – You must integrate your back end with WebRTC – a protocol that lets users connect, stream or exchange in real-time.
4. Testing Stage – Do not wait for feedback on bugs & errors. It’s super important to test your app in its final stages for any technical mayhem.
5. Select the Team – It’s crucial to have an efficient team throughout the development process & post-development. It’s best to hire freelance developers who cost you less than spending on building your internal team & the costs that come with it.
Features of Your Video Chat App
1. Video & Voice Calls – It’s important to determine the success of an app.
2. Group Calls – Group calling should be a key feature of a video calling app as the world slowly moves towards virtual meetups.
3. Text Chat – You can integrate text messaging while on video calls making it easier for people to chat simultaneously.
4. End-to-End Encryption – Make a video call app that ensures the user’s privacy is protected.
5. Push Notifications – Build a video conferencing app that gives users a pop-up.
Building a video chat solution has relatively become easier with SaaP products constantly coming on the market. They are the best option when it comes to building your own app. It is easy to integrate into an already technologically evolving world. So the best of innovation & efficiency rank your app higher in the market!