Flying with comfort is everyone’s dream, and one of the first steps towards ensuring this is by selecting the right seat. If you’re planning to fly with Air France, the Air France seat selection process is designed to provide flexibility to passengers. Let’s delve into the nuances of how you can select a seat and understand the nitty-gritty of the process.
Do I Have to Select My Seat on Air France?
While it is not mandatory to choose a seat, making a selection ensures you sit where you prefer. If you don’t select a seat, the airline will assign one for you during check-in, which may not always align with your preference.
How Early Can You Choose Seats on an Air France Flight?
You can start the seat selection Air France process as soon as you make your reservation. However, the availability to choose depends on the fare type you’ve selected. Typically, you can select your seat from the time of booking up to 30 hours before departure.
What is Air France Seat Selection Policy?
Air France has a clear policy on seat selection:
- Passengers with a Air France saver fare might have restrictions on seat selection until the check-in process starts.
- Certain premium fares allow for complimentary seat selection, even in premium areas of the aircraft.
- Families with children are given priority, ensuring they sit together.
Process of Seat Upgradation on Air France at the Time of Check-in
Upgrading your seat is straightforward. When you check in (either online or at the airport), you’ll be presented with available upgrade options. This could range from moving to a preferred seat to upgrading to business or first class, subject to availability and costs.
Process of Seat Selection While Making the Reservation
- After choosing your flight and fare, navigate to the Air France choose seats section.
- You’ll see a seat map showcasing available seats.
- Simply click on the seat you desire and proceed to payment if there’s an associated Air France seat selection fee.
How Much Does It Cost to Select a Seat on an Air France Flight?
The cost varies:
- Standard seat selection starts from €10.
- Extra legroom and front of the cabin seats might cost more.
- Some fare types, like the Air France saver seat selection, might come with charges if you select a seat before the check-in period.
How Do You See What Seats are Available on an Air France Flight?
To view seat availability:
- Log in to your booking or use the Air France app.
- Navigate to the Air France seat assignment section.
- Here, you can view the plane’s seat map and available spots.
Should you need more assistance or have further inquiries about seat selection, Air France has a dedicated customer support line. Reach out to them at +1-802-231-1806. They’re equipped to address any questions related to Air France seat selection and more.