The global hospital-acquired infection (HAI) diagnostics market value is expected to rise from $2,657.6 million in 2016 to $4,386.6 million by 2023, exhibiting a CAGR of 7.6% between 2017 and 2023 (forecast period), as per P&S Intelligence, a market research company based in India. The rising prevalence of infections caused in healthcare settings, such as clinics and hospitals, particularly in emerging countries, due to the poor hygiene in these facilities.
Besides, the mushrooming population of geriatric people is also expected to fuel the advancement of the HAI diagnostics market. According to the World Population Ageing 2020 report published by the United Nations Department of Economic and Social Affairs (UNDESA), the population of people aged 65 years or above will rise from 727 million in 2020 to more than 1.5 billion by 2050. Moreover, as per the population reference bureau, the total population of Americans aged 65 years and above will rise from 46 million in 2017 to more than 98 million by 2060.
Furthermore, the emergence of technologically advanced and innovative diagnostic product aids, that provide reliable and accurate results with low turnaround time, is also propelling the demand for HAI diagnostic kits. Moreover, several companies are making huge investments in the development of molecular diagnostics. For example, Hoffmann-La Roche AG announced the launch of the cobas Liat PCR system with four assays in April 2017, which includes a 20-minute real-time PCR nucleic acid test for detecting Clostridium difficile.
Of these, the reagents & consumables category held the larger share in the market during the last few years. This was because of the surging incidence of several infectious diseases, such as surgical site infections, bloodstream infections, UTIs, and gastrointestinal infections. Geographically, North America dominated the HAI diagnostics market during the last few years, and this trend is predicted to continue in the coming years as well. This is ascribed to the presence of a well-developed healthcare industry and several HAI diagnostic kit producers in the region.
This study covers
- Major factors driving the market and their impact during the short, medium, and long terms
- Market restraints and their impact during the short, medium, and long terms
- Recent trends and evolving opportunities for the market participants
- Historical and the present size of the market segments and understand their comparative future potential
- Potential of on-demand logistics services, so the market players make informed decisions on the sales of their offerings
- Competitive scenario of various market segments across key countries in several regions for uncovering market opportunities for the stakeholders
- Major players operating in the market and their service offerings