If you are getting the QuickBooks Error 6210 while opening a company file, this is the right article for you to learn how to fix it. Sometimes QuickBooks users experience errors which can be frustrating and hamper their day-to-day work. One of the common errors users face is the QuickBooks error 6210 0 which usually occurs in multi-user mode. Here, we are going to know all about this error and the various steps to fix it effectively.
If you are unable to resolve the error on your own, you can reach out to us at +1-855-856-0042 for technical assistance.
Why Does the QuickBooks Error 6210 0 Occur?
The error can occur due to various possible reasons, some of which are –
- The company file is being hosted on a computer that is not the server.
- QuickBooks Desktop is not properly installed.
- QuickBooks installation files like .ND and .TLG files are infected.
- QuickBooks is unable to communicate with other workstations due to a third-party firewall.
How to Fix Error 6210.0?
Below are the solutions for troubleshooting the error -6210 0 when opening QuickBooks file.
Solution 1: Changing the .ND and .TLG File names
To rename the files, open the company file folder and find files with the same file name but with .ND and .TLF extensions. Right-click and rename each of them by adding .OLD in the end.
Solution 2: Running the Database Server Manager
In the QuickBooks Tool hub, select Network Issues > QuickBooks Database Server Manager> StartScan. After the scan ends, try reopening QuickBooks and signing in to your company file.
Solution 3: Opening a Sample Company File
Try opening a sample company file that is locally installed on a workstation. For this,
- Go to the No Company Open window and click on Open a Sample File followed by choosing a file from the sample company files list.
- If you encounter the same error message, your QuickBooks isn’t installed properly. You need to repair it.
You may also read: QuickBooks Error 15102
Solution 4: Opening the Company File Locally
Open your company file locally to help fix the QuickBooks Error code (-6210 0) –
- In the folder that contains your company file, find the file with .QBW Right-click on it and select Copy.
- Paste the copied file on your desktop.
- Hold the Ctrl key to open QuickBooks’ “No Company Open” window.
- Click on Open or Restore an existing company. Then, find the above-copied file on your desktop and open it.
You may also read: QuickBooks Error uexp
Solution 5: Closing QuickBooks Processes
Log in as an admin on your server computer to close all QuickBooks processes and then –
- Open the task manager by pressing Ctrl+Shift+Esc.
- Next, select the Users tab and highlight each QuickBooks process. Select End Task.
- Try to open the file in multi-user mode.
Solution 6: Using the Clean Install Tool
Install QuickBooks again using the clean install tool to get rid of any unknown glitch in the QuickBooks Desktop installation.
The above troubleshooting steps will help fix the QuickBooks Error 6210. If you are still getting the error, you can get in touch with us for technical assistance at +1-855-856-0042.
Recommended to read: QuickBooks Error 1310