North America Polyphenylene Sulfide Compounds Industry Overview
The North America polyphenylene sulfide compounds market size was valued at USD 212.5 million in 2020 and is expected to expand at a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 5.6% from 2021 to 2030.
Vehicular weight reduction regulations, in order to reduce fuel efficiency and ultimately reduce carbon emissions, have driven automotive OEMs to adopt polyphenylene sulfide (PPS) compounds over metals, such as aluminum and steel, for fabricating automotive components. Moreover, properties such as exceptional dimensional stability and resistance to mechanical stress and corrosive automotive fluids are boosting the product demand in the automotive industry.
Gather more insights about the market drivers, restrains and growth of the North America Polyphenylene Sulfide Compounds Market
Polyphenylene sulfide compounds are widely utilized in automotive, electrical and electronics, industrial coatings, oil and gas, and aerospace industries. Various properties such as exceptional mechanical strength, dimensional stability, inherent flame resistance, and good chemical resistance are significantly propelling the demand for PPS compounds in the abovementioned applications. The growing need for weight reduction in cars to improve their efficiency and reduce emissions has resulted in the demand for lighter polymers to replace heavy metal parts. Polyphenylene sulfide compounds are preferred in automotive applications due to their superior properties, including creep resistance, stiffness, strength, and temperature resistance.
The polyphenylene sulfide market in North America is expected to grow owing to the growing application scope of polyphenylene sulfide in various application sectors. In electrical and electronics, polyphenylene sulfide finds application in bobbins and connectors, hard disk drives, electronic housings, sockets, switches, lamp sockets, and microwave parts, among others. Properties of polyphenylene sulfide such as exceptional dimensional stability, heat and chemical resistance, impact resistance, moldability, and rigidity over a wide range of temperatures are significantly fueling the product demand in electrical and electronics applications.
Browse through Grand View Research's Plastics, Polymers & Resins Industry Research Reports.
- Industrial Coatings Market – The global industrial coatings market size was valued at USD 83.03 billion in 2021 and is expected to grow at a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 3.5% from 2022 to 2030. Rising demand from the general industrial end-use segment is significantly driving the market.
- Polyphenylene Sulfide Market – The global polyphenylene sulfide (PPS) market size was estimated at USD 1.19 billion in 2018. It is anticipated to grow at a CAGR of 8.8% during the forecast period. Polyphenylene sulfide is a crystalline polymer, whose high chemical resistance and temperature performance among other properties are projected to fuel the demand over the next few years.
North America Polyphenylene Sulfide Compounds Market Segmentation
Grand View Research has segmented the North America polyphenylene sulfide compounds market on the basis of application and country:
North America PPS Compounds Application Outlook (Volume, Tons; Revenue, USD Million, 2017 – 2030)
- Thermal Management
- Water Pumps
- Power Control units
- Electric Motors
- Electric Control units
- Extrusion tubes
- Oil & Gas
- Water Supply/Fluid Management
- Electrical & Electronics
North America PPS Compounds Country Outlook (Volume, Tons; Revenue, USD Million, 2017 – 2030)
Market Share Insights
- March 2019: DIC Corporation announced to build a new production line of PPS compounds at its DIC Imaging Products USA, LLC facility in Oak Creek, Wisconsin to meet the increasing demand for PPS compounds in North America.
- February 2018: Teijin Limited launched SOLFIGA, a new brand of specialized polyphenylene sulfide compounds, responding to diversifying demands from the automotive and electronics industries.
Key Companies profiled:
Some prominent players in the North America polyphenylene sulfide compounds market include
- DIC Corporation
- Solvay S.A.
- Toray Industries, Inc.
- SK Chemicals
- Celanese Corporation
Order a free sample PDF of the North America Polyphenylene Sulfide Compounds Market Intelligence Study, published by Grand View Research.
About Grand View Research
Grand View Research, U.S.-based market research and consulting company, provides syndicated as well as customized research reports and consulting services. Registered in California and headquartered in San Francisco, the company comprises over 425 analysts and consultants, adding more than 1200 market research reports to its vast database each year. These reports offer in-depth analysis on 46 industries across 25 major countries worldwide. With the help of an interactive market intelligence platform, Grand View Research Helps Fortune 500 companies and renowned academic institutes understand the global and regional business environment and gauge the opportunities that lie ahead.
Corporate Sales Specialist, USA
Grand View Research, Inc.
Toll Free: 1-888-202-9519