Percussion Instruments Industry Overview
The global percussion instruments market size was valued at USD 1.5 billion in 2021 and is expected to expand at a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 1.1% from 2022 to 2028.
The rising inclination of adopting percussion instruments from music hobbyists coupled with rising demand from professionals due to the rise in the number of musical events is driving the demand for percussion instruments. Percussion instruments play a vital role by keeping the rhythm of the song and producing one cohesive sound with all other instruments. Encouragement for adopting musical instruments at an early age by either their parents or at school positively impacts the musical instruments. The advent of the Covid-19 pandemic adversely affected the demand for percussion instruments. Factors such as canceled music festivals, closure of schools, and disruption in the supply chain restricted the demand for percussion instruments. However, it is expected that, as things get normal in the post-pandemic era, percussion instruments will have an upsurge in demand.
Gather more insights about the market drivers, restrains and growth of the Global Percussion Instruments Market
Furthermore, top brands and musicians’ stage performances at these events are fueling the market growth of percussion instruments. In addition, the rising demand for percussion instruments from marching bands further boosted the industry sales. Increased consumption of drums and other instruments at military events like marching bands is responsible for propelling percussions market growth at a global level. New product developments with technological advancements from manufacturing companies will further propel market growth in the near future.
Percussion instruments are considered a backbone of the music industry as it is one of the oldest instruments played. It plays important role in any kind of music like jazz, pop, rock, or orchestral music, due to widespread acceptance of these instruments. Some of the commonly known percussion instruments include timpani, snare drum, cymbals, triangle, tambourine, gongs, maracas, and celesta. The rise in the number of music learners and growing interest among music enthusiasts due to growing social media is fueling the demand for percussion instruments. The rise in the number of musical events and an increasing number of live concerts is driving the younger populace to pursue music, thereby driving the demand for percussion instruments. As per a survey conducted by National Laboratory Medicine (NLM), the use of percussion instruments reduces anxiety levels among the elderly populace.
Browse through Grand View Research's Clothing, Footwear & Accessories Industry Research Reports.
- Musical Instrument Market – The global musical instrument market size was worth USD 14.20 billion in 2022 and it is expected to expand at a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 7.4% from 2023 to 2030. The market for musical instruments is expected to expand over the forecast period due to increased access to musical education.
- Music Streaming Market – The global music streaming market size was valued at USD 29.45 billion in 2021 and is expected to expand at a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 14.7% from 2022 to 2030. The rising penetration of digital platforms and the growing use of smart devices are anticipated to boost the market growth over the forecast period.
Percussion Instruments Market Segmentation
Grand View Research has segmented the global percussion instruments market based on type, application, and region:
Percussion Instruments Type Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2017 – 2028)
Percussion Instruments Application Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2017 – 2028)
Percussion Instruments Regional Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2017 – 2028)
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Central & South America
- Middle East & Africa
Market Share Insights
- April 2020: BD Performing Arts (BDPA) and Conn-Selmer, Inc. announced that RCC Indoor, The Blue Devils, and all other programs would be performed exclusively on instruments distributed and manufactured by Conn-Selmer, Inc.
- January 2020: Gretsch Drums introduced the USA custom limited River Cypress kit. It has been handcrafted at the Gretsch factory in the U.S. and is available in limited quantities.
- March 2019: Conn-Selmer Inc. announced the partnership with MBI Indoor Percussion and Conn-Selmer Inc. The partnership will company in providing innovation in the music industry.
Key Companies profiled:
Some prominent players in the global percussion instruments market include
- Conn-Selmer, Inc.
- Yamaha Group
- K.H.S. Musical Instrument Co., Ltd.
- Gretsch Drums
- Ludwig Drums
- InMusic Brands, Inc. (Alesis)
- Remo Inc.
- Roland Corporation
- Ashton Music
- Pearl Musical Instrument Co.
- Majestic Holland BV
- Meinl Percussion
- Walberg and Auge
Order a free sample PDF of the Percussion Instruments Market Intelligence Study, published by Grand View Research.
About Grand View Research
Grand View Research, U.S.-based market research and consulting company, provides syndicated as well as customized research reports and consulting services. Registered in California and headquartered in San Francisco, the company comprises over 425 analysts and consultants, adding more than 1200 market research reports to its vast database each year. These reports offer in-depth analysis on 46 industries across 25 major countries worldwide. With the help of an interactive market intelligence platform, Grand View Research Helps Fortune 500 companies and renowned academic institutes understand the global and regional business environment and gauge the opportunities that lie ahead.
Corporate Sales Specialist, USA
Grand View Research, Inc.
Toll Free: 1-888-202-9519