Protein Purification And Isolation Industry Overview
The global protein purification and isolation market size was valued at USD 7.7 billion in 2021 and is expected to expand at a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 10.6% from 2022 to 2030. Growing research in the areas of pharmaceutical and biotechnology for the development of novel drugs drives the demand for protein purification and isolation. Furthermore, rising investments in R&D by pharmaceutical manufacturers are projected to drive the market.
The unexpected COVID-19 outbreak prompted the implementation of lockdown rules across the globe, causing delays in protein purification and isolation import and export. The pandemic also lowered the availability of funds from private investors and governments around the world. Purification and isolation of proteins refer to a set of procedures for isolating a specific protein from a complicated combination of cells, organisms, or tissues.
Gather more insights about the market drivers, restrains and growth of the Global Protein Purification And Isolation Market
Protein research requires these techniques to separate, concentrate, stabilize, and eliminate contaminants including endotoxins, viruses, and nucleic acid. They involve determining material and maintaining a purification table to track the enzyme’s development. They are mostly used to classify a protein’s function, structure, and interactions. Affinity chromatography, immunoprecipitation, proteomics, and enzyme assay are some of the regularly utilized methods of protein purification and separation. Over the pandemic, the disruption in the process had a negative impact on the market, but increased government funding for R&D is enabling the market to recover, and the market is expected to grow during the forecast period.
Governments are increasingly investing in R&D and undertaking initiatives that promote the development and growth of the pharmaceutical and biotechnology markets. They also provided added benefits via tax incentives, grants, and investment-friendly regulations among others. Pharmaceutical is a highly lucrative industry for protein purification and isolation solutions owing to significant investments in the development of biomarker-specific molecules. Precise isolation of proteins with a significant amount of purified substrate is a vital component of the preclinical drug development phase.
Ongoing technological advancements further drive the market for protein purification and isolation solutions. Magnetic and protein beads and ligand tagging systems are increasingly preferred over traditional methods such as agarose beads and other resins. Furthermore, the rising usage of automated analyzers is projected to drive the demand for purification and isolation solutions.
The rising significance of discovering novel ligands, such as protein-based therapeutic compounds, is a major factor fueling the market expansion. Additionally, rising demand for purification kits in rapid screen tests, a shift towards technologically advanced instrumentation for protein purification, growth of the proteomics market, and increasing R&D in pharmaceutical and biotechnological fields are expected to propel the market growth. However, instruments that result in a reduced acceptance rate, the difficulty of maintaining purification kits that fit all proposes, and high tool costs are acting as hurdles to market growth. In addition, the protein purification and isolation industry is benefiting from untapped growth markets and protein therapies.
Browse through Grand View Research’s Biotechnology Industry Research Reports.
- Clinical Trials Market – The global clinical trials market size was valued at USD 47.0 billion in 2021 and is expected to expand at a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 5.8% from 2022 to 2030. However, the market growth was hindered in 2020 due to the COVID-19 pandemic.
- Biotechnology & Pharmaceutical Services Outsourcing Market – The global biotechnology and pharmaceutical services outsourcing market size was valued at USD 66.0 billion in 2021 and is expected to expand at a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 5.5% from 2022 to 2030. The COVID-19 pandemic has had a considerable impact on the biotechnology and pharmaceutical services outsourcing industry.
Protein Purification And Isolation Market Segmentation
Grand View Research has segmented the global protein purification and isolation market based on product, technology, application, end use, and region:
Protein Purification And Isolation Product Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2017 – 2030)
- Magnetic Beads
Protein Purification And Isolation Technology Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2017 – 2030)
- Ion Exchange Chromatography
- Affinity Chromatography
- Reversed-Phase Chromatography
- Size Exclusion Chromatography
- Hydrophobic Interaction Chromatography
- Gel Electrophoresis
- Isoelectric Focusing
- Capillary Electrophoresis
- Western blotting
Protein Purification And Isolation Application Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2017 – 2030)
- Drug Screening
- Biomarker Discovery
- Protein-protein Interaction Studies
Protein Purification And Isolation End-use Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2017 – 2030)
- Academic and Research Institutes
- Pharmaceutical and Biotechnological Companies
Protein Purification And Isolation Regional Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2017 – 2030)
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Middle East and Africa (MEA)
Market Share Insights
- March 2022: Thermo Fisher Scientific and Symphogen announced that they would continue the collaboration to provide biopharmaceutical research and development laboratories and platform workflows for quality monitoring and simplified characterization of complex therapeutic proteins.
- December 2021: GE Healthcare Life Sciences announced that it has completed its acquisition of BK Medical, from Altaris Capital Partners, LLC for an upfront cash payment of USD 1.45 billion in September 2021.
Key Companies profiled:
Some prominent players in the global protein purification and isolation market include
- Merck KGaA
- Thermo Fischer Scientific, Inc.
- GE Healthcare Life Sciences
- Qiagen N.V.
- Sigma-Aldrich Corporation
- Agilent Technologies
- Bio-Rad Laboratories, Inc.
- Promega Corporation
- Norgen Biotek Corporation
Order a free sample PDF of the Protein Purification And Isolation Market Intelligence Study, published by Grand View Research.
About Grand View Research
Grand View Research, U.S.-based market research and consulting company, provides syndicated as well as customized research reports and consulting services. Registered in California and headquartered in San Francisco, the company comprises over 425 analysts and consultants, adding more than 1200 market research reports to its vast database each year. These reports offer in-depth analysis on 46 industries across 25 major countries worldwide. With the help of an interactive market intelligence platform, Grand View Research Helps Fortune 500 companies and renowned academic institutes understand the global and regional business environment and gauge the opportunities that lie ahead.
Corporate Sales Specialist, USA
Grand View Research, Inc.
Toll Free: 1-888-202-9519