One error that occurs while using QuickBooks on a multi-user network is the QuickBooks H202 error. This causes workstations to be unable to access a company file stored in the host computer. Error H202 is displayed, saying, this company file is on another computer, and QuickBooks needs some help connecting. This error could cause inconvenience to the users and can affect the work efficiency of small businesses. Users can try checking their firewall settings or using the QB Tool Hub to resolve the issue. This article intends to help users figure out the cause of this error and solve it accordingly.
For instant help fixing the error, contact our technical team at +1-800-579-9430.
What could be causing QB error H202?
They could be several reasons why a workstation is unable to access company files on another computer, and QuickBooks error H202 occurs:-
- Incorrect configuration setting in the Host computer.
- Problem with DNS server.
- The host/server computer firewall isn’t allowing or giving permission to incoming and outgoing communication.
- QuickBooks is not able to get the IP address of the Host computer.
- Internal QuickBooks services like QBDXX or QBCFMonitor aren’t running on the host computer.
- The (.ND) or network data file is corrupt or damaged.
Practical Solutions to fix QuickBooks error code H202?
Intuit, the company which developed the QuickBooks software, recommends using QuickBooks Database Server Manager to fix the QuickBooks error H202. But even after doing that, if you are still getting the QuickBooks error H202, you should try the following solutions to fix it:-
1. Test Network Connectivity
Send a message to your server computer from your workstation and ask them to check network connectivity.
- Go to the windows search bar and type
- In the search box of the Run window, type cmd, and press
- Enter ping [server name]to send a message to the server computer and press the enter
It is essential to keep a space between ping and the server name and not use brackets around it.
Related article:- Quickbooks keeps freezing
2. Use the QuickBooks File Doctor Tool.
You can try running the QuickBooks File Doctor Tool. This will resolve any network issue blocking multi-user connection to the server.
- Install and open the program named QuickBooks Tool Hub on your system.
- Select Company File Issues.
- Click on Run QuickBooks File Doctor.
- In QuickBooks File Doctor, select your company file from the drop-down menu or by searching it.
- Enter your admin account’s password for your Windows system and click
3. Configure your Firewall Settings for QuickBooks
To stop the Host computer from blocking QuickBooks, follow the steps given below:-
- Go to Control Panel from the start menu on the computer.
- Select Windows Defender Firewall.
- Select Allow an app or feature through the Windows Defender Firewalloption from the top left.
- Click on the change setting and allow QuickBooks by clicking on the checkbox.
- Click OK at the bottom and re-launch QuickBooks.
4. Make sure that the crucial QuickBooks Desktop services are up and running
To ensure that the QuickBooks services are running on the host computer, follow the steps given below:-
- Go to the windows search bar and type
- In the run window, type msc and click Enter.
- In the services window, browse and double-click QuickBooksDBXX (XX is your version of QuickBooks).
- In the next window displayed, select Automatic as the Startup Type.
- The Service Status must be set to Running or Started. Or else, select
- Click on theRecovery
- Chose to Restart the Service from all three drop-down menus: First failure, Second failure, and Subsequent failures.
- Click Apply and then click
Repeat the same steps for QBCFMonitorService
These were all the different ways you can fix the QuickBooks Error H202. It is essential to identify what is causing the problem in order to know which solution should be used. If you are unable to identify the cause, follow the order of the solutions given above to fix the issue. If the error continues, contact our technical team at +1-800-579-9430 for further assistance.
Read more:- Quickbooks error 6073 and 99001