Are you struggling with QuickBooks Payroll Update Error 15222 and unable to deal with it? Well, if yes, then you are on the right page. QB error code 15222 is usually associated with the payroll service. This can be a big interruption when you perform uploading a payroll or updating your QuickBooks desktop.
You might be able to access the company file, but not the QuickBooks software due to this error. QuickBooks desktop 2016, 2017, 2018, and later versions can be affected by the payroll error 15222. In the below write-up, you’ll come to know the possible causes and reliable troubleshooting methods to fix QuickBooks error 15222. Thus, make sure you read the below information with your full attention till the end.
Possible Causes of QuickBooks Payroll Update Error 15222?
As discussed above, the error is usually experienced when users are attempting to download a QuickBooks Payroll or update the QuickBooks Desktop. Before you move to troubleshoot methods, let’s know exactly the reasons which are evoking the error during the update process. Below are a few of the reasons jotted which might one behind the occurrence of your error message:
- QuickBooks update is considered a hazard by anti-spyware, anti-malware, and anti-adware programs. In this case, it’s important to remember that Error 15222 QuickBooks isn’t linked to antivirus until it’s paired with anti-spyware.
- This error occurs when the registered digital signatures no longer operate and the feature is still activated in Internet Explorer.
- When the default browser is not set to Internet Explorer.
Symptoms of QuickBooks Payroll Update Error 15222
- This message can display on the computer screen “QuickBooks Payroll Update Error 15222 Unable to verify the digital signature”
- The system starts running slow and does not respond to the commands
- The system starts freezing and QuickBooks closes unexpectedly for some seconds every time
6 Troubleshooting Methods to amend QuickBooks Payroll Update Error 15222
There are multiple ways to fix the error and after applying all the solutions successfully, you’ll easily download Payroll or QuickBooks Desktop-related updates. Let’s check out each method one after one in the given sequence steps:
Method 1: Update QuickBooks Core Data Files
In case, your device has some antivirus or antispyware enabled, then you are required to update the applications mentioned below to make some exceptions.
- Qbupdate.exe and QB32.exe process
- Intuit.com, QuickBooks.com, and Payroll.com domains.
Method 2: Install a Digital Signature Certificate
- First, close your QuickBooks program
- Now, you might not be able to see a digital signature if your QuickBooks is opened
- Next, look for the QBW32.exe file which is located C:\Program Files\Intuit\QuickBooks
- Perform a right-click on the QBW32.exe and then select “Properties”
- After that, go to the “Digital Signature” tab
- From the signature list, make sure “Intuit Inc” is selected
- Once done with that then select “Details” >> “View Certificate” from the window “Digital Signature Details”
- Select the option “Install Certificate” from the Certificate window
- And then hit “Next” once till the finish icon display on your screen
- Once it appears then hit the “Finish” tab
- At last, reboot the system and try to open QuickBooks then attempt again to download the updates.
Method 3: Try Resolving in QuickBooks Desktop
In this method, you have to check out the following things:
- Verify whether the subscription is active or not
- Reset QuickBooks Desktop Software update
Steps need to perform: Start with downloading the latest updates with the help of the below steps:
- In the beginning, close your QuickBooks and the company files as well
- Go to the Windows Start menu and search for the QuickBooks Desktop application
- Do right-click on the icon and select “Run as an Administrator”
- Now, locate the “No Company Open” window and then click “Help”
- After that, select the option “Update QuickBooks Desktop”
- Next, look for the “Options” tab and select the “Mark All” tab >> Save
- Once done with that then locate the “Update Now” tab
- And then select the checkbox with the name “Reset Update”
- When you’re ready, select Get Updates from the drop-down menu
- Make sure you’re using a reliable payroll service and to do that, follow these steps:
- Locate the Employees option and click on Payroll Services
- Hit on the option “Manage Service Key”
- Then go to the Edit menu and check the service key
- Hit “Next” followed by the “Finish” tab
- In any case, if you forget the service key, you can use retrieval tools to find the product key.
Also, read this: Moving from QuickBooks Desktop into QuickBooks Online
Method 4: Update Antivirus and Antimalware in your System
In this method, you have to update Antivirus, Antimalware, Anti Spyware software on your device. Once done with that successfully then set the following exceptions including the listed domain:
Method 5: Turn Off Windows Firewall
- To start with click the Windows Start button which is located at the bottom left side of your PC screen
- Next, go to Settings and click “Windows Security”
- After opening the Windows Security window then you have to look for “Firewall and Network Protection” and click on it
- Select Public Network >> Domain >> Private Network in the given sequence
- And finally, you have to switch off or turn off the “Windows Defender Firewall” which contains the network types.
Verify the connectivity of your Internet: Bypassing the router:
- Remove the ‘Ethernet cable’ which is connecting the modem and router
- Then, directly plug the Ethernet cable into the device and ‘restart the router’
- Check to see if the machine can identify the one that is connected to it.
Method 6: Use QuickBooks Tools Hub
- First, download QuickBooks Tools Hub (if you haven’t downloaded it yet)
- Then instigate the process for “Installation”
- After that, close the QuickBooks software
- Now, open the file that you have downloaded
- Continue with the ‘installation’ procedure by following the on-screen instructions
- Read the ‘terms and conditions and adhere to them
- Double-click the icon to open the ‘Tool hub‘ after the installation process is complete
- Moving forward, click on the “Programs” problems
- And then click “Quick Fix my Program”
- In the end, open your QuickBooks Desktop” and then open “Data File”.