Sleep Apnea Devices Industry Overview
The global sleep apnea devices market size is expected to reach USD 6.1 billion by 2028, according to a new report by Grand View Research, Inc. The market is expected to expand at a CAGR of 6.2% from 2021 to 2028. Obesity is a major factor in sleep apnea. The global prevalence of obesity is estimated to reach 18.0% in men and 21.0% in women by 2025. This, in turn, is estimated to drive the market as more than half of the overweight or obese people suffer from Obstructive Sleep Apnea (OSA).
The outbreak of COVID-19 pandemic negatively impacted the growth of the medical equipment required to diagnose the disease. There was the temporary closure of physician practices, home medical equipment suppliers, and sleep clinics due to quarantine or government restrictions, to control the spread of COVID-19.
Sleep Apnea Devices Market Segmentation
Grand View Research has segmented the global sleep apnea devices market on the basis of product type and region:
Based on the Product Type Insights, the market is segmented into Diagnostic Devices, Therapeutic Devices, Sleep Apnea Masks.
- The therapeutic devices segment dominated the market and held the highest revenue share of 79.6% in 2020. Therapeutic devices include positive airway pressure devices, oral devices, nasal devices, and chin straps.
- The adoption of SA masks is increasing owing to the growing prevalence of SA comorbidities and the increasing adoption of CPAP machines for disease management. Technological advancements in SA devices are anticipated to drive the adoption of SA masks.
- For instance, in 2019, ResMed launched AirFit N30i, its first top-of-head-connected nasal CPAP mask, across the U.S. with a newly designed nasal cradle cushion that sits just under the wearer’s nose.
Sleep Apnea Devices Regional Outlook
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Middle East & Africa (MEA)
Key Companies Profile & Market Share Insights
Fierce competition between market participants to expand their geographic footprints and strengthen their customer pool through several product launches & new product developments are major factors anticipated to drive the market over the forecast period.
Some prominent players in the global sleep apnea devices market include
- Phillips Respironics
- Fisher & Paykel Healthcare Limited
- Curative Medical, Inc.
- Invacare Corporation
- Somnetics International, Inc.
- BMC Medical Co., Ltd.
- Natus Medical Incorporated
- SOMNOmedics GmbH
- Compumedics Limited
- Itamar Medical Ltd.
- Nihon Kohden Corporation
Order a free sample PDF of the Sleep Apnea Devices Market Intelligence Study, published by Grand View Research.
About Grand View Research
Grand View Research, U.S.-based market research and consulting company, provides syndicated as well as customized research reports and consulting services. Registered in California and headquartered in San Francisco, the company comprises over 425 analysts and consultants, adding more than 1200 market research reports to its vast database each year. These reports offer in-depth analysis on 46 industries across 25 major countries worldwide. With the help of an interactive market intelligence platform, Grand View Research Helps Fortune 500 companies and renowned academic institutes understand the global and regional business environment and gauge the opportunities that lie ahead.
Corporate Sales Specialist, USA
Grand View Research, Inc.
Toll Free: 1-888-202-9519