QuickBooks is the most preferred accounting software amongst the small and medium-sized businesses. You can utilize this software to organize the financial health of your organization. Moreover, it helps in tracking inventory, managing complex taxes, payroll-management, etc. As the QuickBooks company file consists of all the crucial company data it is more important to keep it safe. But, most of the time, users fail to access the data file when the file gets damaged or corrupted. As a result, it may lead to several issues such as QuickBooks 6000 series of errors, QuickBooks error the file exists, etc. This post will provide you with the detailed info regarding all the problems faced when you can’t access your file, go through it.
Are you confused about how to fix the QuickBooks error the file exists and looking for expert’s guidance? Consult with one of our highly-certified experts and resolve your issue asap.
List of Different Company File Issues Faced by users in QuickBooks
Go through the following list to know about all the issues faced when you failed to access your company file in QuickBooks.
- QuickBooks Error Code 6123:-
Most often users might experience QuickBooks error number 6123 while restoring the corporate file backup. As a consequence, users failed to restore the backup of the company file. You might also get this error while trying to open data file in multi-user mode. On the occurrence of the error, you might get the alert message that states: “Error 6123, 0: We’re sorry, but QuickBooks can’t open your company file.”
Reasons why QuickBooks error 6123 Appears:
- There may be the possibility that you are using the damaged company file.
- Another reason may be that you have set your McAfee antivirus to block Web Bugs.
- Also, it may occur when Windows firewall obstructs you from communicating with the server that hosts the file.
- It might happen when the Windows OS you are using is outdated.
- QuickBooks Error Code 6000-80
You may see QuickBooks Error 6000 80 while attempting to open, restore, or backup a company file. When an error occurs, it stops all ongoing tasks. On the occurrence of the error, you will get the following error message stating:
“Error 6000 80: QuickBooks has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience.”
We’ve listed all such prominent causes that are responsible for this error:
- One of the reasons is that your QuickBooks company file is hosted on numerous computers that run QB across the network.
- Also, it may occur if you may have used a network to restore or convert your QuickBooks data.
- Sometimes, it may happen when the QuickBooks fails to interact with the company file on the Host or Server machine.
- It might be possible that the company’s file size is larger than actually required.
- The QuickBooks Company File you are presently using is corrupted.
- QuickBooks error the file exists
A user might discover a “QuickBooks error the file exists” issue while trying to access the company file used by a different application. You might also get this error while updating payroll, paying scheduled liabilities, or opening state or federal documents. Everytime, the error occurs, it pops up with the following error message on your computer screen that says, “Error 6144 82: QuickBooks has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience.”
Root causes of the QuickBooks file existing error are as follows:
- QuickBooks Desktop is no longer supported.
- The user account on Windows does not have the necessary administrative rights.
- It’s possible that the internet connection you are using isn’t working properly.
- Windows User Account Control settings prevent QuickBooks from working.
So, here we have arrived at the end of this blog and we hope that you have got a clear picture of what issues you might face when you can’t access the data file. If you are still getting a QuickBooks error the file exists, don’t worry and call our experts.