No divorce process is completely stress free, but if you choose Mediation Services to settle your case, you could save on time, stress, and money. While divorce mediation is not as common as traditional divorce litigation, there are many advantages to choosing divorce mediation that can benefit you, your spouse and your children.
What is mediation, and how is it different from typical divorce through the court system?
Mediation divorce is the most cost effective way to manage divorce proceedings. The divorcing couple meets with a mediator — a third-person party acts as a go-between to resolve difficult custody, property matters and financial matters. Through mediation, the couple has the opportunity to decide the final terms and outcomes of the divorce in a peaceful manner that benefits both parties. In many cases it’s best to choose a mediator who has experience in family law and who can make sure that all legal issues are resolved, so an attorney who specializes in mediation is a logical choice.
Benefits of Divorce Mediation:
- Divorce mediation is significantly less expensive than going through a messy ugly hearing with a judge.
- It’s allows you to work on your time schedule instead of being forced to work on the city’s time with scheduled hearings.
- It’s gives both parties more flexibility because you can honestly discuss the terms of your parenting plan to ensure that your children are well cared for.
- There is more humane and peaceful because the mediation sessions normally take place in a conference room instead of in a courtroom with multiple people around.
- Mediation is confidential and the discussions in divorce mediation do not become a part of public record.
- We helps couples develop a communication plan that enables you to effectively communicate with each other post-divorce if children are involved.
The most significant difference, however, is that mediated divorces are not subject to arbitration. You and your estranged spouse make the final agreement, and you are not bound by the word or a judge or similar arbiter. Mediation is the method that helps you to create the ideal post-divorce scenario for your family.