Goa has moved beyond being a preferred holiday destination to now being one of the most preferred second-home destinations in India. Be it a retirement retreat, a vacation home, or just a very good investment, a second home is a common buy among home buyers these days and Goa is topping the most favored location charts by far for all the good reasons.
Let’s take a look and understand the reasons for Goa being a popular second home destination.
- Buying a home in Goa offers a high return on investment – This has to be among the topmost reasons why you see a lot of people interested in buying a property in Goa. There has been a 30-50% appreciation of property in Goa over the last few years. Goa being a tourist state has a high demand for apartments and villas for rent as the footfall here each year surpasses the available rooms available in hotels and resorts in Goa. Owning a second home in residential projects in Goa is an excellent investment since it can be rented out during the times you are not occupying it. Rentals in Goa will fetch you a decent income and the demand for your home will always be high. So make sure you grab onto this opportunity.
- Clean and non-polluted environment – Goa is a state that has the least levels of pollution. It has a thick tree cover which keeps the air fresh and clean. The importance of a healthy lifestyle has increased after the Covid pandemic and people have realized the importance of living in less polluted and populated areas. Goa has a perfect blend of rural and urban living which is not densely populated. One can live in Goa with a healthy lifestyle thus making it a preferred location for a second home.
- Reasonable cost of investment – The cost of property in Goa is reasonable as compared to the rates in other parts of the country. Goa is one such state that presents affordable real estate investment options along with a high ROI which is easy on everyone’s pocket. North Goa is a bigger investment market as compared to the south. People who choose to buy properties primarily for investment purposes prefer North Goa as it offers better rental and resale avenues in the future.
- A haven for retirees – Goa is the perfect place to retire and live a quiet and peaceful life. The serene village life along with the not-so-crowded and noisy urban life makes it a great combo for retired people. A lot of homebuyers look at Goa as a place to retire and live the rest of their lives comfortably and stress-free. This is a very wise choice after all as your home can be rented out until they decide to move in. This move will fetch you a decent income till then.
- Well-developed state – Goa is one of the most developed states in India. The connectivity of roads in the state is of the highest standard thus making commutation easy and convenient. The public transport in Goa is decent too with several buses, taxis, and autos available at your service. Goa has some of the best schools, healthcare facilities, shopping centers, restaurants, and entertainment spots. All of this makes living in Goa comfortably and convenient.
Overall Goa is an excellent state to live in. The people in Goa are very warm, friendly hospitable. Goa is a very peaceful state where crime is low, this makes it a great option for people to live in peace. The weather in Goa is moderate too and the monsoons are a cool and beautiful time of the year to experience here.
If you haven’t given buying a second home in Goa a thought as yet, it is time you do so. Goa being a small state has limited space for residential projects and the ones that are built by the best residential builders in Goa are being sold out at a fast pace.
Upcoming residential projects in north Goa, are a great investment especially in Mapusa and Porvorim as these locations offer convenient living as are ideally placed at the best locations in Goa.
Considering all of the above advantages, it is beyond doubt that Goa is one of the best destinations in the country to invest in second homes. Here, you can live sustainably and stay connected to nature anytime you like. If you are finding it difficult to look at the best homes for sale then we suggest you take a look at these upcoming residential projects in north Goa. You will get plenty of options to choose from depending on your budget and the segment in which you are looking at purchasing. These projects are located at some of Goa’s topmost locations for the most perfect second homes.